The relationship between the eyes and the brain starts in your first days of fetal life. Your eyes start to develop just two weeks after conception, with the retina and the optic nerve developing as a direct outgrowth of your brain. So the retina is actually a piece of the brain that has grown into the eye and also shares a similar structure.
Trataka means to look or gaze. It’s part one of Shatkarmas of yoga( Purification practices).
Excellent practice to clean your eyes, improve your concentration and memory. It is also a excellent meditative techniques as it activate your Ajna Chakra.
Trataka (Candlelight Insight )Benefits :
- Relieves mental stress.
- Relieves headache, migraine, etc.
- Help in insomnia or sleeping difficulties.
- Freedom from negative thoughts.
- Concentration increases.
- Help to reduce anger.
- Sharpens eyesight.
- Brain functionality increases.
– Light a candle and place it on a small table so that the flame is exactly at eye level when sitting set any comfortable meditation posture with the head and spine erect adjust the position so that the candle is an arm’s length away from the body.
– Close the eyes and relax the whole body specially the eyes before you begin the practice. Now open the eyes and gaze at the flame try not to blink or move the eyeball in any way do not strain as this will cause tension in the eyes.
– After few minute when the eyes become tired or begin to water close your eyes.
– Gaze the after image of the flame in the space in front of the closed eyes and imagine the flame you have been observing for so long when the image can no longer be retained gently open the eyes and gaze the flame once again you can repeat this process for two to three times and then finally close your eyes for few minutes and sit in the meditative posture letting your mind relax.
– Idle time to practice is in the dark room with less or no lighting.
Nutrition and Fitness Coach
Certified Yoga Instructor
Clinical and Diabetic Nutrition Expert
Insta : ankitayoga_fittr