The #1 goal for busy moms is to find time to fit in all of that fitness. And why not! A busy, active mom is always looking for the perfect workout that fits into her schedule and helps her feel better physically and mentally, also she wants to look good in that pair of jeans, right?
Hi, I’m Kashmi. As a busy mom of two toddlers and a doctor and fitness coach at FITTR. I know that there’s never enough time in the day. But with a little planning and organization, you can have time to take care of yourself while still being happy with your family life!
It’s no secret that life can get busy and sometimes it seems impossible to fit your fitness routine into a busy schedule. The good news is there are ways to keep up with your health and wellness, even if you have many other things going on.
I have included tips and tricks for your fitness journey to help you find time for yourself and your family. Here are 8 ways to make fitness a part of your busy routine that doesn’t take over your life. These tips are designed to keep you going strong, even when life is hectic and deadlines loom.
- Prioritize yourself- When you take care of your own self, you get strong enough to care for your family around, your kids too. Being fit will boost your confidence and give you more energy for the tasks that make up your daily routine.
- Workout 30 mins 3-4 times in a week- To workout one-two hours a day is not enough if you have a busy life. But we can make it a habit to exercise for at least 30 mins a day for 3-4 times a week, you’re doing your body a favour!
- Stay active- Go for walks, walk while you talk on phone, get your groceries yourself, do household chores. You will burn calories without even realizing.
- Make your kids a part of it– hanging around your kids and playing together or dancing is also a great way to give the entire family a workout!
- Monitor your calorie intake– If you track what you eat, it becomes so easier to lose that extra weight, or even maintain what you have achieved with all the hard work.
- Ask for help whenever you need- Free yourself from the “shoulds” and “coulds” of being a parent, and regain some of your sanity while doing it!Ask for help from your partner, family and friends when you need it.
- Go for walks- You deserve a little self-care. Take a break and enjoy the weather while you go for walks with your baby and listen to the sound of nature.
- Sleep well- Sleep is essential to healthy functioning and performance of body, mind and emotions. Sleep deficiency negatively affects several functions of the human body including glucose metabolism, immune response, blood pressure maintenance, and hormonal balance.
You see, fitness is an important lifestyle choice that you can make in your everyday life. That’s right! It doesn’t have to be time consuming and stressful either.
Take the time to become a better version of yourself every day and you will find that it only takes one small step at a time.
Do you feel like you’re not taking time out for yourself? Do you feel drained and your fitness levels are not where they should be? Did you know that exercising is good for your mental health as well?
It has been shown that people who work out regularly have stronger immune systems and less anxiety.
You don’t need a lot of equipment to get in shape. After all, you don’t have time for that! Just remember that you don’t need to run marathons or time yourself performing burpees. Begin by building your energy level slowly and enjoying the feel of progress.
Want to start or already have your fitness journey? You’re so close.
And if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to drop a message.
Love to the community.
Your FITTR Coach